As I meet potential clients, the first thing they say to me is "I want to buy, but I need to fix my credit". This is all too common with first time home buyers, so I figured I'd share some of my own
RECOGNIZE UNFAIR HOUSING
How do you recognize it?
Under the Fair Housing Act, it is against the law to:
- Refuse to sell or rent you housinh
- Tell you housing is unavailable but when in fact it is
- Limit the neighborhoods of houses being shown to you
- Set different terms, conditions, or privileges for a property for sale or rent
- Advertise housing to a preferred groups of people only
- Deny you from getting property insurance
- Fail to construct or design housing in an accessible manner
- Refuse to make reasonable accomodations for persons with disability
- Conduct property appraisals in a discriminatory manner
- Provide different housing services or allowed facilities
- Refuse to provide you information of your mortgage loans, deny you a mortgage loan or impose different terms on a loan
- Harrass, intimidate or interfere with anyone practicing their rights for fair housing.
For more details:
If you believe your housing rights have been violated, CALL the State of Maryland Commission on Civil Rights at 410-767-8600.
We just purchased our first home today and I cannot thank Florida enough for all her help. She is very professional and very thorough in assisting us since day 1. She always make herself available and....